About us

about us

O obci

 

Pečať obce The first written mention of the village is from 1356 called ZTRANY. The name of the village has changed. In 1483 STRÁNYAWA, r. 1520 STRÁNAWY and in 1920 already STRÁŇAVY. In the past, the village had a coat of arms with the theme 'Goose grazing on the arm'. The design for our coat of arms was based on this "a silver goose standing in a blue shield on a high green arm in front of a golden bush".


 

The primary school has equipped classrooms, a gym, a school canteen and a club. The kindergarten is equipped with a playground and a transport playground. Soccer stadium with grandstand, changing rooms and other buildings.

In the village there is a newly built Roman Catholic church dedicated to the Virgin Mary of the Seven Sorrows.

The village pays a lot of attention to tourism. Stráňavy is interesting for tourists all year round due to the thermal swimming pool, ski lift and hiking opportunities.

Monuments

Monument to the victory of the First Czechoslovak Republic army corps

Polom - Javoriny Polom Javoriny Polom Javoriny 

During of World War II, the biggest battles took place between the fascist troops and the First Czechoslovak army corps on 11.-26. April 1945. In honor of the fallen, the Victory Monument of the First Czechoslovak Republic was built on Polom Hill of the army corps. Ceremonially unveiled in 1961. The author of the relief is academy sculptor Ľudmila Cvengrošová. As a result of limestone mining, this monument was moved to the nearby Javoriny hill in 1986.

Liberation Monument

Liberation Monument Pamätník oslobodenia Pamätník oslobodenia

The Liberation Monument was unveiled in the village in front of the cultural center in 1970. Its authors were ing. arch. I. Meliš and acad. sculptor S. Bíroš.

Museum of the Malá fatra operation

Pamätník oslobodenia Múzeum múzeum 

Behind the village is a museum with a permanent exhibition of the Malá fatra operation. The museum building originally served as a hunting lodge. After the renovations and construction of the interiors for the museum, the "Museum Exhibition of the Malá fatra Operation" was opened in 1976.

Fire house

Completed in 1933. Served as an armory and guardhouse for fireman, the upper floor was used as a common room for theaters, entertainments, etc. It was later reconstructed (the clear height of the garages was raised. It is currently used by firefighters.
 

Church of the Seven Sorrowful Virgin Mary

Church   Church   Church  

In 1993, the new building of the church was completed. 16.12.1993 Cardinal Ján Chrysostom KOREC consecrated a new church dedicated to the Virgin Mary of the Seven Sorrows in Stráňavy. The foundation stone of the church was consecrated by St. Father John Paul II. during his visit to Bratislava on April 22, 1990.

village

Feast

Today's name day Mildred

Tomorrow's name day Day, Fazzio, Leobard

Current weather

today, Saturday 17. 1. 2026
broken clouds 2 °C -1 °C
Sunday 18. 1. sky is clear 2/-8 °C
Monday 19. 1. sky is clear 1/-9 °C
Tuesday 20. 1. sky is clear 1/-9 °C

Calendar

January2026
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
29 30 31 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1

Visit rate

Visit rate:

ONLINE:4
TODAY:492
WEEK:4521
TOTAL:1269959

Mobile application

Follow information from our website in the mobile app – V OBRAZE.

January2026
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
29 30 31
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14
15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28
29 30 31 1
Waste collection calendar